Importing a CSV from your local system
- For importing the csv file from local file system, In your controller write require 'csv' at the top or in the action to include these classes.
- And if you are importing a csv file from the server, then you have to write require 'csv' andrequire 'open-uri' in your controller.
- Suppose you have saved the csv as-
user_info.csv and open this file into texteditor
- Then in your action write the code as follows:-csv_array_file = Array.newCSV.new(open('/tmp/user_info.csv'), :col_sep => ',').each do |row|csv_array_file << rowend
- You can also import the csv directly into the db as follows:-
CSV.new(open(<local file path or remote file path>), :col_sep => <column seprator>).each do |row|record = active_record_class.new(:attr1 => row, :attr2 => row)record.save!